Patlican, eggplants or aubergines are one of the most popular vegetables in Turkiye. I love this classic Turkish dish, Imam Bayildi or “Imam Fainted”, one of the most popular eggplant dishes at home.
Most call for much more olive oil than this recipe does.
There’s quite a bit in this one, but it’s a much lighter dish than the classic. Make sure to simmer this over very low heat as it cooks for a long time.
You can prepare Imam Bayildi ahead of time, and the leftovers can keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. The result was a light, utterly delicious and refreshing vegetarian course
IMAM BAYILDI (A STUFFED EGGPLANT RECIPE FROM TURKIYE)
- 4 medium sized eggplants with meat
- 3 large onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium green peppers
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/4 bunch of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 cups of olive oil
Cooking Proposal of Imam Bayildi Recipe
If you want to prepare the Imam Bayildi recipe more healthily; peel the peel peeled and then bake the eggplants you cut in the middle with olive oil on them. Afterwards, fill the onion mortar with the prepared mortar and continue cooking in the oven.
How To Cook “Imam Bayildi”?
- Chop the large onions that you peeled in the form of thin flesh. Cut the garlic finely.
- Cut the green peppers you cut in half and cut the seeds into half a month. Chop the peeled tomatoes into cubes. Finely chop the parsley.
- To prepare the onion mortar; Heat the olive oil in a large pan—Roast the onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add green peppers and continue cooking. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and fry until water. Add salt, freshly ground black pepper and granulated sugar.
- Finally, imam fainted, add the hot water and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the chopped parsley to the inner mortar, which absorbs and thickens, and let it sit on one side to warm after mixing.
- After washing and drying in plenty of water, cut the eggplants you peeled, and if the meat is cut, cut it in half. Otherwise, scratch the middle parts of all eggplants with a sharp knife.
- After you heat the olive oil in a deep saucepan, fry the eggplants until they get colour.
- Open the middle portions of fried eggplants, spaced out on a baking sheet. We are topping with onion and tomato filling in the inner mortar.
- Add a small amount of hot water with tomato paste and bake the imam faints in a preheated 180-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- You can serve the dish hot or cold.
Other Mediterranean Style Appetizer ;
- Köpoğlu Mancası
- Kereviz Salatası
- Deniz Börülcesi
- Hatay Ekşileme
- Çerkes Tavuğu
- Arnavut Ciğeri
- Zeytin Salatası
- İçli Köfte
- Acılı Ezme
- Zeytinyağlı Sarma
- Deniz Mahsulleri Güveç
- Zeytinyağlı enginar
- İmam Bayıldı
- Şevket-i Bostan
- Turp Otu Salatası
- Midye Dolma
- Paçanga Böreği